Want to know about IBPS? Here we discussed all about IBPS.
Full form of IBPS is Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. It is the independent agency in India which conducts various exam for the recruitment in nationalized and public-sector banks.
IBPS conducts online examination for the different posts like probationary officer(PO), Specialist officer, clerk, management trainee (MT), RRB officer in the various public-sector banks and regional rural banks (RRBs).
IBPS Banking Examination
After graduation, candidates who want a job in banking sector, have a common question, how to get a job in Banking sector?
The answer is IBPS Bank exam. IBPS conducts CWE (common written exam) for the banking recruitment. There are different eligibility criteria for the different posts.
IBPS examination is a single exam for all the participating banks or institutions rather than individual exams for individual bank. IBPS conducts common written exam for the selection of the candidates for the various posts.
- IBPS Probationary officer(PO): probationary officers or management trainee is the very prestigious post for the banking aspirants. It offers attractive salary. Minimum eligibility for the PO is graduation degree in any stream.
- IBPS Specialist officer(SO): various posts like IT specialist, Agricultural Field Officers, Law Officers, HR / Personnel Officers, and Marketing Officers comes under the Specialist officer.
- IBPS Clerk: Clerical staff is selected by IBPS trough common written exam(CWE) in various banking departments. There is some educational and age relaxation is given to special categories.
Participant Banks for IBPS
IBPS not only provides its service to nationalized banks, RRBs, public sector banks, but some privet sector banks also take help of IBPS examination to recruit eligible candidates. Some of the participant banks are listed below:
- State bank of India
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sindh Bank
IBPS Bank Exam Eligibility and Exam Procedure
There are some eligibility criteria to apply for the different posts through CWE. We are discussing some common eligibility like educational qualification, age limit etc. for the various post.
- Probationary officer(PO): the age for applying PO post must be from minimum 20 years to maximum 30 years. Graduation degree in any stream form gov. recognized universities or institute is required. Selection procedure consist of three parts. In the first part, preliminary exam held in which multiple choice questions are asked. Second part named main exam asked for five subjects after that interview session held.
- Specialist officers(SO): There is different eligibility for different posts. Like for IT specialist Any computer certificate of BE/ BTech. For IT/CS/ECE branch is mandatory. For Agricultural Field Officers the qualification is 4 years degree in agriculture or similar lines and for marketing officers a 2-year MBA/MMS with marketing specialization is the minimum qualification for the specialist post.
- Clerical: the clerical exam consists of two exams. Preliminary exam and main exam. Preliminary exam has three subjects English, quantitative, and reasoning aptitude while main exam consists five subjects including two subjects General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. Both exam have negative marking (.25) for the wrong answers. Age limit should be between 18 to 28 years.
Selection Procedure for IBPS
- For the selection in the any public sector bank or nationalized bank candidates need to clear all the exams (preliminary, Mains and Interview).
- After selecting for preliminary candidate will be eligible for main exam and after getting selected for main exam candidate's interview will be taken. It is the selection procedure for IBPS bank exam.
- Candidates needs to apply online and fill the application form to apply for any above post through IBPS recruitment.
- IBPS examination is held in online mode only.
- In the preliminary exam three subjects English, Quantitative ability and reasoning aptitude is asked.
- In the Main exam consists of General awareness, computer knowledge with English Quantitative ability and reasoning aptitude.
- Basic computer knowledge is compulsory for all the posts.
Candidates are advised to keep ready all the required documents(Recent passport size photo, signature, educational documents) available at the time of filling up application form.