Staff selection commission (SSC) is going to take SSC CGL exam to recruit the candidates for the various posts in government offices and ministries.
SSC CGL aspirants have the doubt that how to prepare reasoning ability for SSC CGL exam?
SSC CGL exam consists four subjects and candidates should have command on each section to score well in the exam.
Reasoning section can be a scoring subject if it is prepared well. Here we are going to share some important tips to prepare reasoning ability for SSC CGL.
SSC CGL Reasoning Preparation
Reasoning ability paper is included in SSC CGL exam to check the thinking and decision ability of the candidates based on the given facts.
While preparing for the exam candidates have some common queries like:
- Which type of questions asked in reasoning ability for SSC CGL exam?
- What are the Important topics in the reasoning section?
- How to solve reasoning problems quickly?
You should be aware of the exam pattern and the syllabus for the exam preparation. Reasoning section in the CGL exam consists of 25 questions of 50 marks. There is negative marking of .50 marks for each wrong answer.
IBPS PO vs SSC CGL- Which job is better? Know the difference between IBPS PO & SSC CGL job profile, work, career, and other benefits.
There are no individual cutoff marks required. Candidates can solve this section quickly with little practice and save time for other sections.
Important Topics for SSC CGL Reasoning Ability Preparation
You should be aware of the important topics asked in SSC CGL exam. Find out which topic you can solve easily and which topic need extra attention.
List out the important topics and focus on them. Some important topics for reasoning ability are listed below:
Expected No. of Questions
Coding and Decoding
Number/ Alphanumeric series
Direction & Distances Sense
Odd one out
How to solve Reasoning ability problems quickly?
Reasoning plays an important role to get more score in the exam. Make a strategy to score well in reasoning section.
Learn important tips for how to solve coding decoding problems in SSC CGL Reasoning aptitude section:
Follow some preparation tips for reasoning given below:
- Reasoning problem can be solved based on the given data or facts, you should not make any assumption or judgment to solve these problems.
- The data or diagram given in the question is very important. Observe questions carefully and answer the question using imagination ability.
- Start with the topics which consume less time and easier to solve. Some topics like classification, arranging alphabets or number series, verbal reasoning, are some topics you should solve first.
- You should have knowledge of family relations to solve the blood relation problems and knowledge of directions (east, west, north, south) for direction & distance problem.
- Use elimination process to solve odd one out question.
- Don’t stick to a single question. If you find difficult to solve any question leave it and move to next question.
- Practice is very important to improve the accuracy and the solving speed as well. Solve old question papers for practice to improve your reasoning skills.
Refer Best Study Material for SSC CGL reasoning Preparation
Study material and books play a vital role in the preparation for any exam. Choose the right study material or books for your SSC CGL preparation.
Some important books for SSC CGL reasoning preparation are listed below:
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarawal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwali
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K Pandey
Apart from the above books, you can use online study material available on many websites.
Take the online mock test to determine your preparation. Solve previous year question paper for the practice.
Here we have discussed important tips for SSC CGL Reasoning preparation. Hope this article will help you to understand the reasoning problems and score well in the exam.
All the best!!