Staff selection commission (SSC) conducts SSC CGL exam every year for the recruitment of the candidates in the government department and ministries. SSC CGL 2017 exam notification is out already and candidates are ready to prepare for the exam.
Are you looking for the SSC CGL 2017 syllabus?
Candidates preparing for the SSC CGL exam should be aware with the complete syllabus of the exam. Here in this article we are providing you important topics with the SSC CGL 2017 syllabus examination.
SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus
Before starting with SSC CGL syllabus let me explain SSC CGL exam pattern in brief. SSC CGL is conducted in four phases.
- SSC CGL Tier-1 consist of 100 questions of 200 marks from the quantitative aptitude, English, reasoning ability, and general awareness subjects.
- SSC Tier-2 includes two compulsory subjects for all the post applicants i.e. quantitative aptitude and English comprehension.
- Tier-3 of SSC CGL exam is descriptive paper in English or Hindi language for 1 hour. It is conducted in pen-paper (offline mode) which carry 100 marks.
- Tier-4 of SSC CGL is qualifying in nature. It is conducted to check the computer proficiency and typing speed of the candidates for post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS & MEA only.
It is the exam pattern of the SSC CGL 2017 exam. Now coming to the topic, SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus is as follows:
SSC CGL English Syllabus
- English is a scoring subject but candidates feel difficult to solve this section. you can score well in English with a little hard work.
- Read English newspaper daily. It will improve your vocabulary and phrases knowledge. Write down new word and learn them.
- Read the basic grammar rules. It is important to have knowledge of grammar rule for English section.
Some important topic in English for SSC CGL exam are:
- Improving Sentences
- Spotting Errors
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Fill in the Blanks
- Active/Passive Voice
- One word substitution
- Idioms & Phrases
- Cloze test
- Re-arrange the Sentences
SSC CGL Quantitative Aptitude
- This section needs extra attention while preparing for the SSC CGL 2017 exam. You should practice with your calculation speed.
- To improve calculation and solve simplification problems quickly, learn Cubes, squares and tables. Use approximation method to solve such problems.
- Questions from Trigonometry, Mensuration, Geometry, & Number Series section are asked majorly.
- Use formulas and short tricks to solve problems.
Important topics from Quantitative section for SSC CGL exam are:
- Number Series
- Time and distance
- Profit & Loss and, Time & Work, Mixture problems
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages Problems
- Simple and Compound Interest
SSC CGL Reasoning Ability
- Try to solve question with speed and accuracy in this section.
- There are no formulas to solve questions in reasoning so concentrate on question and try to solve mentally.
- To increase your speed of solving problems practice 1-2 hour daily on this section.
- Questions in this section require understanding, you can understand question through regular practice.
- To solve blood relation problems one need to have knowledge of family relations.
Important topics from Reasoning section for SSC CGL exam are:
- Seating arrangement
- Blood relations
- Series Problems
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Direction and Distance
- Statement and Conclusions
SSC CGL General Awareness
- This is a wide subject from which 25 questions asked of 50 marks.
- Candidates should give 1-2 hour daily to cover this section.
- You should read newspaper daily and refer weekly or monthly current affair magazines for general awareness.
Important topics from General Awareness section for SSC CGL exam are:
- Prize distributions
- Freedom movements
- General science (Biology, Physics, Chemistry)
- Computer Section
- Books and Authors
- Persons and Place in News
- Current Affairs
Here we have discussed important topic and tips for SSC CGL 2017 preparation, which will help you to score well and to crack the exam.